Tuesday 25 March 2014

Weekly Picks - Three H's

Hotel, Heights and Holiday

This week, I'll be concentrating on Wes Anderson's new motion picture, The Grand Budapest Hotel. The soundtrack to my recent weeks, TCTS - These Heights (Greco Roman Soundsystem Remix). And finally, where I will be travelling later this year

Hotel


I'm a big fan of Wes Anderson and his newest film does not disappoint. With, as always, a carefully thought out star studded cast and great cinematography, Anderson kept me captivated and took me on a journey through the adventures of Zero Moustafa. For me this has ticked every box of a Wes Anderson epic. It has likeable, unique characters, well thought out costumes, making the extraordinary seeming every day and Bill Murray.

I don't want to give anything away; as I like going into a film without much, if any, prior knowledge of the plot. So here I give you the trailer for The Grand Budapest Hotel and a big recommendation for you to go and watch it.



Heights

I first discovered this song in October last year and I'm not sure how many times I've listened to it since. It's been on repeat and I can't see that stopping in the near future. I found it while listening to a Boiler Room set from The Two Bears.


Listen away, you wont be disappointed.



Holiday

This year my lovely girlfriend and I will be making our way over to a few cities in Europe. Last year we visited Marrakech (Morocco) for our Summer holiday. This holiday taught me some things. One, I don't enjoy the heat as much as I thought I did, I don't even tan. Two, lounging around by the pool is nice but it does get a bit tedious. Three, being pestered by locals whilst you do anything will soon drive you barmy.

This year we decided that we should go somewhere a little cooler,  move around a little and a place we can immerse ourselves and adventure at our own pace. We will be making our way over to Gothenburg (Sweden), catching a train to Copenhagen (Denmark) and finally flying to Berlin (Germany). One of my friends is studying over in Gothenburg so we have an insider with us for that part of our journey. Copenhagen is a place that I've wanted to visit ever since I became interested in fashion, this will give me a chance to visit some of the best shops in the world and finally Berlin is a city of culture.

We will be jetting off in just over 4 weeks, I will let you know just how it was when we've returned.




No comments:

Post a Comment